- The average Canadian home is a detached, three-bedroom house worth around $478,000
- House prices across the country have increased, on average, 3.6% in one year but in Toronto they have increased 33%
- 68% of Canadians are homeowners
- 67% of Canadians aspire to build their own homes
- 48% of homeowners in Canada plan to renovate this year and stats show that 61% will do so without a budget
- 18% of do-it-yourself renovation projects are eventually completed by professionals
- The average Canadian household earns just under $81,000
- 26% of Canadian couples choose to keep their money seperate
- The average Canadian carries a debt of $22,000
- 70% of Canadian parents talk to their kids about money
- One in five Canadians have zero emergency savings
- 25% of Canadians play the weekly lottery
- Since 2005, the wealthiest 10% of Canadians have seen their net worth grow by 42% — while the poorest 10% have seen theirs shrink by 150%
The Association of Regina REALTORS® Inc. (ARR) IDX Reciprocity listings are displayed in
accordance with ARR's MLS® Data Access Agreement and are copyright of the Association of Regina REALTORS® Inc..
The above information is from sources deemed reliable but should not be relied upon without independent verification.
The information presented here is for general interest only, no guarantees apply.
Trademarks are owned and controlled by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA).
Used under license.
MLS® System data of the Association of Regina REALTORS® Inc. displayed on this site is refreshed every 2 hours.